Physiology Learning Plan
For your selected topic: You are the nephrology nursing educator working with new mill Topics
– Removal of metabolic wastes
– Excretion of drugs and toxins
– Total body fluid volume and osmoiality
– Electrolyte balance
– Acid-base balance
– Blood pressure
– Create a learning plan that includes the critical indicators of the physiology of your chosen topic.
o What are the key elements for the new staff member to comprehend?
o Whet are the required resources?
– Create three critical thinking questions that correspond to your learning plan.
– Post this plan and the questions on your group Blackboard site. Plan and questions must be posted two days prior the and of the unit.
– Glve feedback to one of your group member on their learning plan and answer one of the questions they provided.
GFR rate provide an indication of the functional quality of Kidneys. The current write up provides glimpse of the factors responsible for the decrease or increase of GFR, factors to be considered for estimation etc. Also discussed relation of GFR with other important factors of physiology.
Overview of GloMerular Filtration Rate:
Glomerular Filtration is a process by which the kidneys do perform the filtration of the blood, during this process the excess wastes and the fluids from the blood will be removed out. Actually when the filtration process is undertaken.
GFR will be calculated to determine how well the blood is being filtered by the kidneys. It will indicate the exact condition of the remaining kidneys, as well it will also indicate the condition of the kidney disease in the particular human beings.
Glomerular Filtration rate is usually calculated by giving consideration to the person’s physical attributes and by assessing the serum creatinine levels. If the GloMerular Filtration rate in the human beings is less 60mL/min/1.73 m2, it may mean kidney disease.