Students must select a topic, explain why they chose the topic, and describe the intent of the research. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Select a topic within the Criminal Justice system that you want to explore in greater depth.
2. Provide an explanation as to why the topic needs to be researched and the problems and challenges that exist.
3. Analyze the topic and provide for and describe possible solutions based on your research.
4. Identify the preliminary research done on the topic or problem and explain what your findings are so far on this issue.
5. Use at least three (3) scholarly sources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, Ask.com, Answers.com, Freedictionary.com, and other open source Websites do not qualify as scholarly.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must conform to the APA formatting requirements.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: