A. Select an article from a nursing research journal and critique the article (suggested length of 2�3 pages) by doing the following:
1. Identify the article you have chosen in an APA-formatted citation.
2. Design a graphic or chart to show how the researcher addressed the five areas of a research report (background information, review of the literature, discussion of methodology, specific data analysis, and conclusion).
3. Based on your analysis of the five areas, assess whether the evidence presented in the research report supports the conclusion (suggested length of 1/2�1 page).
4. Discuss ethical issues that may have arisen for the researcher while conducting the research for the article (suggested length of 1/2�1 page).
5. Discuss the type of research used for the study (suggested length of 1/2�1 page).
a. Explain whether or not other types of research would have been appropriate in the same situation.
B. Conduct a literature search to evaluate nursing care or management implications of a therapeutic nursing intervention by doing the following:
1. Identify a nursing care or management problem for a therapeutic nursing situation.
2. Complete the attached matrix to list 10 primary research sources (peer-reviewed articles) you locate in major medical databases.
Note: Submit your completed matrix as a separate attachment to the task.
Note: Credible sources may include professional journals, research reports, professional Web sites, governmental reports, current texts less than five years old, and presentations from professional meetings.
3. Conduct a review of the 10 peer-reviewed research articles in which you:
a. Develop an annotated bibliography (suggested length of 2�3 pages) of the articles.
Note: An annotated bibliography is one that includes not only a brief summary of content for each book or article reviewed, but also contains other relevant comments and information that the candidate believes can be of help for future study. See Web Links below for more information on annotated bibliographies.