Conduct a brief literature review to find information on the question that you developed in week 2.
1. Focus on steps for conducting a literature review for compiling your findings.
2. Locate 5 or more full-text research articles that are relevant to your PICOT question. Include at least 1 systematic review and 1 integrative review if possible.
3. Read through the articles carefully. Eliminate studies that are not appropriate and add others to your list as needed. Although you may include more, you are expected to include a minimum of 5 articles. Complete a literature review summary table using the Literature Review Summary Table Template.
4. A synthesis of what the studies reveal about the current state of knowledge on the question you developed
5. Point out inconsistencies and contradictions in the literature and offer possible explanations for inconsistencies
6. Preliminary conclusions on whether the evidence provides strong support for a change in practice or whether further research is needed to adequately address your inquiry.
7. You are invited to critically examine any aspect of the studies (design, appropriateness of the theoretic framework, data sampling methods) your conclusion should be considered preliminary.