Total at least 5 pages. You have approximatly
Answer two of the following four questions in the form of a short essay. Each should be approximately two pages, or 3–5 substantive paragraphs.
• Discuss how race, racism, and anti-racism played into America’s response to WWII, both abroad and at home.
• Discuss how anti-communism affected U.S. society, politics, and foreign policy in the late 1940s and 1950s.
• Discuss how practices and landscapes of consumerism changed America in the mid twentieth century.
• Discuss how the civil rights movement and the anti-war movement influenced each other in the 1960s.
Chose three of the following seven phrases. In 1–2 paragraphs each, describe the historical significance
of each phrase as described in lectures. Provide a few specific examples in each short answer.
• Social movements for expanded rights since 1968
• Mass incarceration since 1971
• Immigration since 1965
• “Big government” since the 1960s
• Political re-ordering of the U.S. since 1968
• Economic re-ordering of the U.S. and the world since 1971
• “Shadow government” since 1947