Compare and contrast the roles of the Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Educator, Nurse Informaticist, and Nurse Administrator in advanced practice nursing pertaining to clinical practice, primary care, education, administration, and research.
Selected Advanced Practice Role: FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER
1) Examine regulatory and legal requirements for the state(FLORIDA) in which you plan to practice.
2) Describe the professional organizations available for membership based on your selected role.
3) Identify required competencies, including certification requirements for your selected role.
4) Predict the organization and setting, population, and colleagues with whom you plan to work.
Leadership Attributes of the Advanced Practice Role:
1) Determine your leadership style (https://psychology.about.com/library/quiz/bl-leadershipquiz.htm). (MY LEADERSHIP STYLE IS PARTICIPATIVE AND AUTHORITARIAN)
2) Identify leadership attributes you currently possess, and attributes you may need to develop.
3) Determine how to attain and evaluate those missing attributes.
Health Policy and the Advanced Practice Role:
Visit the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (https://www.rwjf.org/en/about-rwjf/newsroom/features-and-articles/health-policy.html) and identify a health policy issue. Conduct a review of literature and address the following:
1) Describe the current policy and what needs to change; justify your conclusions with citations from the literature.
2) Provide the process required to make the change with key players and parties of interest.
3) Explain how you could lead the effort to make or influence the change in policy.
4) Predict the effect on healthcare quality if the change in policy is implemented.
ALL REFERENCES NEED TO BE CURRENT WITHIN THE PAST 5 YEARS (2010 to Present).