Describe your selected population health issue and the population affected by this issue. Summarize the two advocacy campaigns you researched in this area.Explain the attributes that made those campaigns effective.
For the Part 1 application (approximately 3–4 pages of content with a title page and references in APA format) address the following:
• Describe your selected population health issue and the population affected by this issue.
• Summarize the two advocacy campaigns you researched in this area.
• Explain the attributes that made those campaigns effective.
• Begin to develop a plan for a health advocacy campaign that seeks to create a new policy or change an existing policy with regard to the issue and population you selected. Be sure to include in your plan:
A description of the public health issue and proposed policy solution
• Specific objectives for the policy you want to be implemented
• Begin to substantiate of your proposed campaign by data and evidence.
Part Two will have approximately 3–4 pages of content plus a title page and references. Part Two will address the following:
• Explain whether your proposed policy could be enacted through a modification of existing law or regulation or the creation of new legislation/regulation.
• Explain how existing laws or regulations could affect your advocacy efforts. Be sure to cite and reference the laws and regulations using primary sources.
• Provide an analysis of the methods you could use to influence legislators or other policymakers to support your policy. In particular, explain how you would use the “three legs” of lobbying in your advocacy efforts.
o Summarize obstacles that could arise in the legislative process and how to overcome these hurdles.
To complete the final section of your paper:
• Review provisions 7, 8, and 9 of the ANA Code of Ethics in relation to advocacy for population health.
• Reflect on the ethical considerations you may need to take into account in your advocacy campaign.
• Research the ethical considerations and lobbying laws relevant to the location where your advocacy campaign will occur.
• Consider potential ethical dilemmas you might face in your campaign.
To complete: Revise and combine Part one (week 4 application) and Part Two (week 7 application) with Part Three below.
• Explain any ethical dilemmas that could arise during your advocacy campaign, and how you would resolve them.
• Describe the ethics and lobbying laws that are applicable to your advocacy campaign.
• Evaluate the special ethical challenges that are unique to the population you are addressing.
• Provide a cohesive summary for your paper.