The following assignment is designed to cover the course objectives for this course and incorporate major concepts included in the course.
The five components below must be addressed based on the situation provided in no more than 3 typed pages using essay style, APA 6th edition style (do not count the title and reference page) and to be submitted no later than March 2, 2015@ 2200. Please submit via drop box on Evolve.
According to the highly publicized case on Ebola, Duncan who traveled from Liberia back to Dallas, Texas. He was asymptomatic when leaving Liberia, but developed symptoms approximately four days after arriving in the United States.
1. Identify and describe the components of the preparedness phase of the disaster continuum (Chapter 15 in Cherry & Jacob, 2014)
2. Identify and describe the components of the response phase of the disaster continuum (Chapter 15 in Cherry & Jacob, 2014)
3. Identify and describe the components of the recovery phase of the disaster continuum (Chapter 15 in Cherry & Jacob, 2014)
4. Identify how the steps in the nursing process (Section I-Ackley & Ladwig, 2014) relate to Disaster Preparedness and Response Phase
5. Identify and share the top three most important “learnings” you would choose from this course for guiding your professional development as a nurse
Upon completion of this course, the students are expected to:
1. Identify behaviors that lead to success in a nursing program, competence in nursing, and
continued professional growth.
2. Describe the historical and contemporary image of nursing.
3. Describe concepts of human values that provide a basis for nursing care.
4. Identify specific responsibilities of the professional registered nurse in the roles of provider of
care, manager of care, and member of the discipline of nursing and the interdisciplinary team.
5. Explain the significance of nursing licensure and certification in the context of board of nursing
rules and regulations.
6. Describe ethical/legal issues that affect nursing practice.
7. Explain the importance of using evidence-based nursing care.
8. Describe the functions of the nursing process (assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing
interventions, and evaluating) as a basis for providing competent nursing care.
9. Explain the importance of critical thinking in providing competent nursing care.
10. Explain the role of the nurse in supporting health promotion, maintenance, and restoration of
optimal living in selected health care settings.
11. Describe the influence of the humanities and social, behavioral, physical, and biologic sciences
on nursing’s theoretical framework.
12. Describe the basic elements of the communication process and effective communication
techniques. please see attached book l want to use under additional materials.
Ackley, B. J., & Ladwig, G. B. (2013). Nursing diagnosis
handbook: An evidence-based guide to planning care
(10th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
Cherry, B., & Jacob, S. R. (2014). Contemporary nursing:
Issues, trends, & management (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: