Briefly describe typical activity patterns in managerial work. What does descriptive research tell us about managerial decision making, planning, and problem solving? Briefly describe Mintzberg’s 10 managerial roles. Are some roles more important than others? Briefly describe how managerial behavior is influenced by the nature of the job situation, according to Stewart. How are managerial activities and behavior affected by level of management, unit size, and lateral interdependence? How is a crisis likely to affect managerial activities and behavior? How does the organizational life cycle affect the relative importance of different managerial functions and activities? How much latitude do managers have in what they do and how they do it? Is it more accurate to view managers as “captains of their destiny” or “prisoners of their fate”? Why do managers have so much difficulty managing their time? What can be done to improve time management and problem solvingJune 27, 2020
How did each member of the Thomas family react in the book Native Son when the large rat scurries into their one room apartment?June 28, 2020
You have just attended a manager’s meeting about establishing self-directed, high-performing teams. The company is concerned because some of the managers are having success building self-directed, high-performing teams while others are not. A discussion occurred that identified the characteristics of the successful team building elements and compared them to those managers that have not been successful. This is a situation where those who are struggling need to learn from those who are doing well. The discussions included identifying what could be going wrong and what steps might be taken for success.
You have been asked to write a research report that summarizes the meeting and offers some recommendations that might be helpful to those managers who are struggling. Specifically, your report must include:
- Identification of the difficulties the managers may be having in establishing self-directed, high-performing teams
- Identification of the successful characteristic of establishing self-directed, high-performing teams
- Recommendations for success
- A designed plan that might help guide the struggling managers and improve negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Use the Library and Internet to research this topic.
Present your findings as a 3-4 pages Word document formatted in APA style.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head and title in all capital letters.
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third-person voice.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page, and it must be double-spaced between paragraphs. The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3–4 pages. In-text academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-text academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper.
- The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lower-case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used.
- Remember, the reference page is not a bibliography, but it is a further listing of the abbreviated in-text citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-text citation.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER AND GET HELP FROM A CERTIFIED WRITER:)
Click the button below to order this paper AND ENJOY OUR DISCOUNT.