Policymaker Electronic Presentation
Guidelines and Grading Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to: (a) identify and reflect upon key concepts related to your policymaker visit; (b) provide empirical evidence to support new insights gained regarding your policy issue and the policymaking process; and (c) present ideas in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner.
DUE DATE: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 7
TOTAL POINTS: 275 points
Assignment Criteria for Presentation
1. Describe your visit/presentation, including any PowerPoint presentation materials that you utilized during your policymaker visit. Limit these slides to five slides in this project (of the 15 total slides). This includes any handouts that you left with the policymaker.
2. Discuss the response of the policymaker to your message/ask/recommendation(s).
3. Reflect on the process, follow-up plans, insights gained about the issue and process, and support with evidence.
4. Describe possible future opportunities as a result of this meeting and their importance to nursing.
5. Provide concluding statements summarizing the content.
6. Develop a 15-slide PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes in APA format, not including title and reference slides. Write speaker notes sufficient enough to enable someone to take over or give the presentation other than you.
PREPARING THE PRESENTATION
After completing Policymaker Visit Ungraded Worksheet 3, develop an electronic presentation to describe, analyze, and reflect upon your policymaking visit. Include 5 slides from the PowerPoint presentation that you would have used during an actual policymaker visit. Include a minimum of five (5) classic or current references within the past 5 years that specifically support insights gained regarding your policy issue and the policymaking process.
Category Points % Description
Visit Description 50 18 Clearly describes the policymaking visit/presentation (includes no more than 5 slides from actual presentation)
Policymaker Response 50 18 Slides and speaker notes discuss responses of policymaker to your message/ask/recommendation(s).
Reflections on Process 50 18 Reflections on process (including supportive evidence), follow-up, and insights gained (issue and process) are clearly described in slide and speaker notes.
Future Opportunities 50 18 Describe possible future opportunities as a result of this meeting/presentation and their importance to nursing.
Conclusions 45 16 Concluding statements summarize content.
APA format 15 6 Slides, speaker notes, and references are completely consistent with APA format.
Presentation/Writing 15 6 Slide and speaker notes content are accurate. Presentation slides are professional in appearance and tone. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are consistent with formal written work. Balance among space, words/graphics, and color is effective.
Total 275 100
A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Assignment Criteria Exceptional
Outstanding or highest level of performance Exceeds
Very good or high level of performance Meets
Competent or satisfactory level of performance Needs Improvement
Poor or failing level of performance Developing
Unsatisfactory level of performance
Possible Points = 245 Points