ENG 122 WEEK 3 DQ 1
Write (due Thursday, Day 3)
• In 200 to 250 words, share at least one syllogism in support of your paper. Choose one idea from your paper and list the categorical syllogism along with its parts in the following format:
o Premise 1 Claim and Evidence:
o Premise 2 Claim and Evidence:
o Conclusion Drawn from These Two Premises:
• End your post with any questions or concerns you have regarding logos, syllogisms, or fallacies.
ENG 122 WEEK 3 DQ 2
Write (due Thursday, Day 3)
• In 200 to250 words, share your concluding paragraph. Your conclusion should reiterate the position of your paper by summarizing your main points and rephrased thesis statement. In a final paragraph, share your original thesis statement.
• In a separate paragraph, identify and explain the following:
o What is your conclusion’s closing argument?
o In addition, note any questions you may have regarding your conclusion (e.g., rephrased thesis statement, summarized main points, etc.) so your classmates can assist you.
Final Research Paper Draft “Public Schools Uniforms”
This week you will be creating and submitting a draft of your Final Research Paper that is based on the topic you selected from the “Research Paper Guidelines” and from the Final Research Paper Outline from Week Two. Please be sure to review the Model Research Paper Draft to understand the expectations for the final paper.
The Final Research Paper Draft must contain the following components:
• A title page and a references page (based upon your annotated bibliography).
• An introduction that features a thesis statement that is clearly articulated and argumentative and/or analytical. Ideally, the introduction should be a single, compelling paragraph.
• Body paragraphs that develop at least one research-supported argument. (Note: The body of your paper should feature in-text citations that leverage at least four different sources.)
• APA-style formatting, including properly documented citations.
Your draft must be 750 to 2,000 words in length, excluding the title and references pages. Remember to proofread your work for errors in grammar, mechanics, style, and formatting. Submit as much work as possible, whether it is a full or partial draft. Please refer to “Research Paper Guidelines” as well as Week Five for the Final Research Paper instructions.
The purpose of the Final Research Paper Draft is to ensure you are making satisfactory progress on your Final Research Paper while providing you with an opportunity to receive direction and feedback from your instructor. If you find that you are struggling to complete the draft, make sure that you have read and reviewed this week’s required activities. Additionally, consider contacting your instructor for additional one-on-one guidance.
Submission Information: Complete the task above and save the document as a Microsoft Word or compatible .doc or .docx file. Submit your assignment via the Assignment Submission button. Please use a naming convention for your assignment file that includes your last name, the week number, and the assignment number. So, your Final Research Paper Draft assignment should bear a file name that looks like: smith_w3.doc.