Case Study 2: Stopping Outshopping
Due Week 7 and worth 220 points
Read the case study titled “Stopping Outshopping”, located in the online course shell. Then, use the Internet or Strayer databases to research similar marketing strategies in the health care industry.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1.Based on the textbook’s summary of Timothy’s philosophy of continually striving for excellence, determine whether or not Scarlet Hospital was prepared to compete with the establishment in Salem even before the highway improvement mandated such an upgrade in delivery health care services.
2.Examine the potential lessons that the “Stopping Outshopping” case could teach health care executives about complacency.
3.Evaluate the potential value of Michael Porter’s Five Forces analysis and SWOT Analysis for effective decision making, in its ability to help Scarlet Hospital protect its market share and thus decrease the chance of losing patients to other institutions in Salem.
4.Appraise the value of the Balanced Scorecard model in its ability to help Scarlet Hospital executives reinforce its defensive marketing strategy.
5.Propose a one (1) page offensive marketing strategy (i.e. communication, branding, innovation, etc.) that Scarlet Hospital should deploy in order to turn the table on Salam-based health care providers and improve its competitive marketing position.
6.Use at least five (5) quality academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the marketing research process and market segmentation strategies in the health care industry.
- Integrate the SWOT Analysis into viable recommendations to meet the health care services organization’s operating requirements.
- Analyze the components of the balanced scorecard and conduct trend and ratio analysis to assess health strategic marketing.
- Apply Michael Porter’s Five Forces analysis for effective decision making to efficiently utilize health services resources and achieve organizational goals.
- Explain the impact that the population and societal, competitive, and financial forces have on health care services.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health services strategic marketing.
- Write clearly and concisely about health services strategic marketing using proper writing mechanics.
Pt 2 250 words per question do not include question with answer
“Understanding Customer Wants and Needs and PEST Analysis”
- Argue whether or not you believe that health care marketers must understand customers and their perceptions of product offerings in order to effectively monitor prowess at addressing and satisfying customer wants and needs. Provide an example of your argument in action to support your rationale.
- Assess the value and importance of a PEST Analysis as a tool for mentoring and evaluating the macroenvironment. Provide at least two (2) specific examples of PEST Analysis that apply within a health care organization with which you are familiar.
“Michael Porter’s Five Forces Model”
- •Examine the key reasons why intense competition and rivalry characterize the health care industry. Suggest one (1) example to support your rationale.
- •Appraise the value and importance of Michael Porter’s Five Forces Model as a tool for facilitating the understanding and addressing of the competition within the health care industry. Provide at least two (2) specific examples of Michael Porter’s Five Forces Model that apply within a health care organization with which you are familiar.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER AND GET HELP FROM A CERTIFIED WRITER:)
Click the button below to order this paper AND ENJOY OUR DISCOUNT.