Discussion 1: Methods to Motivate Employees to Improve Behaviors
This case presents a behavior problem in light of potential downsizing.
For this Discussion:
- Read “Incident: Motivating and Maintaining Morale During Downsizing” on p. 273 of Nkomo, Fottler, and McAfee.
- Select twoof the following five possible solutions on which to conduct research:
- Coaching and counseling for behavior modification
- Training for new skills
- Research and evaluate each of the solutions you chose.
- Consider any assumptions you made about the case, in addition to the information presented, in order to evaluate the solutions.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 a 2- to 3-paragraph (at least 200 words) evaluation of the potential solutions you researched and a recommendation for a policy to handle similar situations.
In your evaluation include the strengths and weaknesses of both solutions. Also include a description of any assumptions you made about the case when evaluating your solutions. Support your evaluation with proper citations from this week’s Learning Resources and at least two additional resources from the Walden Library or Internet.
Based on your evaluation, make a recommendation for policies the firm should have in place in the future.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Respond by Day 6 to two or more of your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.
- Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Make a suggestion.
- Expand on your colleague’s posting.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and the insights you gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from the Learning Resources and any additional sources.
Week 4 Learning Resources
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning Resources. To access select media resources, please use the media player below.
- Mathis, R. L., Jackson, J. H., & Valentine, S. R. (2014). Human resource management(14th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning [Vital Source e-reader].
- Chapter 8, “Training Human Resources” (pp. 258–291)
- Chapter 9, “Talent, Careers and Development” (pp. 292–331)
- Chapter 10, “Performance Management and Appraisal” (pp. 332–364)
- Nkomo, S. M., Fottler, M. D., & McAfee, R. B. (2011). Human resource management applications: Cases, exercises, incidents, and skill builders(7th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning [Vital Source e-reader].
- Chapter 96, “Incident: Motivating and Maintaining Employee Morale During Downsizing” (p. 274)
- Document: Week 4 Discussion 1 Template (Word document)
- Document: Week 4 Discussion 2 Template (Word document)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER AND GET HELP FROM A CERTIFIED WRITER:)
Click the button below to order this paper AND ENJOY OUR DISCOUNT.