Should members of the U.S. Congress be “delegates” or “trustees” for their constituents? Which do you believe serves the best interests of the members of Congress and of the constituents? Should members of Congress vote according to their own views or the views of the constituents who elected them?September 23, 2020
Write a 750- to 1,000-word paper about current, controversial issues involving free speech. Be sure you explain and discuss the following: What is the issue and why did it cause controversy? What was done to resolve the controversy? If a legal case, what were the grounds for the verdict? Do you agree with the outcome, or would you have liked to see a more stringent or more lenient resolution? Why?September 23, 2020
As terrorists step up the methodology and the atrociousness of subsequent acts and the government responds with ever-increasing surveillance, intelligence gathering, searches, and directives, many feel that there is an erosion in the freedom of movement in the United States.
- Address the following in 9 – 10 pages with reference page
- Does current research show that there is a point of equilibrium between homeland security and maintaining the fundamental civil liberties guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution? Will security issues ever trump the freedom of U.S. citizens? Explain.
- Use examples from scholarly and academic sources to support your response.
- What was the PATRIOT Act’s role in establishing the use of fusion centers across the country? Explain.
- What was the intended outcome in establishing these U.S. fusion centers between U.S. intelligence agencies and local law enforcement agencies? Explain.
- What are the short-term benefits and consequences of using fusion centers to improve information sharing among the various agencies throughout the different levels of government? Explain.
- What are the long-term benefits and consequences? Explain.
- What are 2 other specific response tactics to the terrorist threat to the United States? Describe and explain.
- When were these tactics implemented? Describe.
- What is the purpose of these tactics? Explain.
- How are civil liberties addressed with regard to these tactics? Explain.
- Are these tactics effective at fulfilling their intended purpose? Why or why not? Use research to support your claims.
- Conclude your paper with a recommendation on what should be done to curb the terrorist threat while maintaining civil liberties.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER AND GET HELP FROM A CERTIFIED WRITER:)
Click the button below to order this paper AND ENJOY OUR DISCOUNT.