What was the goal, population, and type of study? Who conducted the study? Is there any bias in the study or the samples used? If so, describe. Are there any problems in defining or measuring the variables of interest? If so, describe. Are there any confounding variables? If so, describe. Are the results presented fairly? How did you make that determination? Is the study’s conclusion reasonable? How did you make that determination? Are the results practical? How did you make that determination?November 8, 2020
Communication Careers in JournalismNovember 8, 2020
Week 1 Individual Project:
According to sociologist C. Wright Mills, people often believe that their private lives can only be explained in terms of their personal successes and failures. Individuals fail to see the links between their own lives and the larger society around them. The process of interpreting your individual life in the context of your community or the society in which you live is called sociological imagination.
- Choose 1 of the following social problems:
- Being unemployed and the impact of unemployment on the individual and society
- Being an alcoholic and the broader impact of alcoholism on the individual and society
- Being a drug addict and the broader impact of drug addiction on the individual and society
- Being an unmarried pregnant teenager and the impact that unmarried teen pregnancy has on the individual and society
- Being a homeless person and the broader issue of poverty in society
- Using your sociological imagination, discuss the connection between the individual experience and the social impact of the social problem that you chose.
Please submit your assignment.
Week 2 Individual Project:
Complete the following in preparation for your assignment:
- Select a movie or TV show that effectively communicates the culture, values, and norms of a society that is different from your own culture.
- The movie or TV should meet the following requirements:
- Must be a foreign film with subtitles
- Provide you with a glimpse of what life is like in another culture
- The process of watching this movie or TV show should provide you with a unique cultural experience.
- Watch the movie or TV show that you selected, and use your reactions as part of your response to the following topic:
- Define ethnocentrism. Discuss how ethnocentrism affects individuals and societies.
Write a paper of 2–3 pages addressing the following:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of the concept of ethnocentrism.
- Use your cultural experience of watching the selected movie or TV show to discuss the effect of ethnocentrism on individuals and societies.
- Use any personal experiences that you may have had visiting different countries around the world as part of this paper; however, do not let your personal experiences with other cultures be the focal point of this paper.
- The focal point of the paper is your cultural experience watching the selected movie or TV show and your comprehensive overview of the concept of ethnocentrism.
- Please note that this paper is not intended to be a summary of the movie or TV show.
- This paper is not a book review or overview of the movie or TV show you selected.
- Focus on the cultural observations that you are able to make based on this experience and your discussion of the concept of ethnocentrism.
Please submit your assignment.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER AND GET HELP FROM A CERTIFIED WRITER:)
Click the button below to order this paper AND ENJOY OUR DISCOUNT.